Season 23 starts Sunday, September 29th at 7:00 p.m. (CST) Visit http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ to read bio’s on each team.
The deadline for submitting your picks for the first episode is Sunday, September 29th, no later than 6:59 p.m. (CST). Before you make your picks you will need to register, and you will need a valid email address to participate. Registration closes 10 minutes before the first episode and doesn't open again until the next season of The Amazing Race. After registering you will receive a link of where to submit your picks every week (both the registration and pick links are located at the top of this page.)
NOTE: There is a chance the confirmation email will be sent to your spam/junk e-mail folder. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to trusted senders so you will receive all emails, or be sure to check your spam/junk folder.
NOTE: Your picks for the first episode must include the following:
1 "elimination" pick, the team you think will be eliminated in the first leg
1 "safe" pick, the team you think won't be eliminated
1 “first” pick, the team you think will be first in the first leg
1 URB pick, Ultimate Racer Bonus - Team you think will win the entire race
1 Fast Foward Pick - Team you think will get/complete the fast ffwd first
1 Express Pass Pick - Team you think will get AND use the express pass
This is the only time you will submit your URB, Fast Forward and Express Pass Picks (Except for Week 5 where you can change your URB).
Here is the breakdown of the rules for the game:
- Every week there is a possibility of earning 4 points.
- Every week you will submit 1 “elimination” pick, 1 ”first” and 1 "safe" pick by 6:59 p.m. CST the Sunday of the next race. If you do not submit your picks in time, you will not be able to receive any points for that leg.
- If you do not place picks for 3 consecutive weeks you will be dropped from the Fantasy Amazing Race for this season, and if you want to play again you will have to register when the next season gets announced.
- On the first episode, if you correctly guess the first racing team to be first, you will get 3 points instead of 2*.
- On the first episode, if you correctly guess the first racing team to be eliminated, you will get 2 points instead of 1**.
- If your URB team wins the entire race, you will be awarded a URB bonus of 5 points.
- If your URB team is eliminated in the first 4 episodes you can choose a new team during week 5 (not before then), but your URB bonus now is reduced to 3 points. Your new URB has to be submitted in by 6:59 p.m. CST the Sunday of the next race (Week 5). If you wish to change your URB this is also the time to do it, keep in mind your bonus is reduced from 5 points to 3 if/when you select a Backup URB.
- If there is a fast forward and your fast forward team successfully finishes it first, then you will be awarded 5 points. If there are multiple fast forwards I will score them the same way, so multiple people might get the 5 point bonus even though they have picked different fast forward teams.
- If there is an express pass and your express pass team successfully uses it, then you will be awarded 3 points. If there are multiple express passes in a season I will score them the same way, so multiple people might get the 3 point bonus even though they have picked different express pass teams.
- There is NO limit to how many times you can pick a team to be eliminated, safe or finish in first place.
- An Elimination ONLY occurs when Phil says "…You have been eliminated from the race."
- In a non-elimination leg/continuation leg you will not get any points for your “elimination” and "safe" picks. You can only receive 2 points if you get the first place pick correct. You will also pick new picks for the following week.
- Non-Elimination/Continuation Leg -- if you think it will be a non-elimination OR a continuation leg you can substitute your elimination & safe picks and pick non elimination. If you get it right you get 2 points + your first place pick, if its correct. If you call non elimination and it is an elimination episode you can only get 2 points for your first place pick, if correct, since you substituted your elimination & safe picks for non elimination.
- For the finale you will not send in “elimination” or “first” picks since all 3 teams will finish the race and nobody will be eliminated. Instead you will be sending in your rankings for First, Second and Third place. You must get the entire order right for 5 points.
Here is the points breakdown:
URB (Ultimate Racer Bonus) - 5 Points
Backup URB - 3 points
FFB (Fast Forward Bonus) - 5 Points
Express Pass - 3 Points
First Place Pick - 2 Points
Safe Pick - 1 Points
Elimination Pick - 1 Point
Non-Elimination Pick - 2 Points
Double Elimination Pick - 2 Points
*First In Bonus - 3 Points
**First Out Bonus - 2 Points
Getting the correct order: 5 Points
The results from the previous episode will be posted online each week. The deadline for submitting your picks each week is the Sunday of the episode, no later than 6:59 p.m. CST.
PRIZE: The winner will receive an Amazing Race Travelocity Roaming Gnome from the CBS store.